3 Ways to Look Up an Email Address Owner on LinkedIn
LinkedIn has become a popular source to lookup an email address owner for B2B businesses because professionals usually include details like their industry, company, location, size, title, and more. This is all great information to have when you’re targeting leads. However, you’ll need their email address if you want to reach them in a personal and memorable way. In this blog post, we go over the three ways to lookup an email address owner on LinkedIn.
1. Make an Educated Guess
The first way you can look up someone’s email address is by researching the company to find the way they structure their emails. Common variations include “firstname.lastname@example.org” or “FirstInitialLastName@company.com.” For example, “email@example.com.”
Once you figure this out, you can find their LinkedIn page to piece together their email address. Let’s break down how you’ll do this:
- Find your prospect’s LinkedIn page - Go to their LinkedIn page to find the company’s website address. You’ll need their site address to find their email domain.
- Find email patterns - Most companies will use a particular email pattern. To find these patterns, do a Google or DuckDuckGoose search for “@companyname.com.” Then press Ctrl+F to search for “@” to find any emails in the search results. That should give you a few of the patterns you need.
- Start testing patterns - Email pattern tools like Skrapp will help you check email addresses and see how likely it is to be valid.
If you found someone’s email this way, congratulations. But unfortunately, in most cases, this won’t work. There are many reasons you might have guessed someone’s email incorrectly:
- They used a nickname in their email address (e.g., Charles as Chuck).
- They go by their middle name, which isn’t available to you.
- Maybe they left the company and didn’t update their profile.
- It could be a country-specific email address (e.g., @fr. for France).
As you can see, making an educated guess isn’t always easy and can be time-consuming, but it’s always possible. If you can’t look up an email address finder this way, you might want to try this next strategy.
2. Check Their Social Media Platforms
If you couldn’t guess their email address, you could always use LinkedIn to find their other social media platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram. You can either find links to their other profiles on their LinkedIn profile, or you can search their full name right on the platform you want to find them on. Sometimes, people post their email addresses on those platforms instead of LinkedIn.
However, you’ll have to get lucky because people often keep those profiles private so only their friends and family can view them. But that doesn’t mean you couldn’t request to follow them.
This method might be a bit of a long shot, but it’s always a possibility. You’ll just have to spend some time going through their LinkedIn profiles and searching for their profiles on other social media platforms. But if you’re looking for an easier way to do an email lookup, the next method is what you’re looking for.
3. Use a Browser Extension to Lookup an Email Address
The Skrapp Web Extension is an extension for finding email addresses when you’re on LinkedIn. Simply click the extension button to the top right of your browser while you are on your target’s LinkedIn page, and a small box will appear with their information, including their email address. This tool gives you verified addresses in a fraction of a second. You can then export the email address into your Skrapp account so you can save your leads for later use.
Are you ready to lookup verified emails for an effective outreach campaign? The Email Finder extension from Skrapp finds business emails from LinkedIn as well as Sales Navigator searches and profiles.